Monday 5 June 2017

Angel Gillott writes her first blog for Team Fulmart


So where do I begin guys… well  firstly my name is Angel and I’m now a Fulmart Feeds blogger.  Each blog will follow my personal journey through the horsey world, I will be talking about seasons, events, wins, thrills and spills, anything that will grab your attention!

Firstly, everyone knows the summer grass is coming through and we are getting to that stage now where the horses are slowing turning into large balloons as the summer grass hits, well this is what I thought would happen to Tom Tom (my horse) but turns out that’s not the case! Now most of you sitting here will think I’m the luckiest person alive to have a horse that you don’t have to worry about getting fat at this time of the year, well let me tell you now that is not the case… bearing in mind Tom Tom is 17hh TB x Irish draught and any work he does he puts on muscle and strips back the little fat he has, I thought this would be great seen as I was used to having an event pony that could live on fresh air but in actual fact it is more work than anything! You constantly end up worrying about keeping them at a nice weight and you don’t want to have to constantly bucket feed them with loads of feed and loads of grass because grass just means that when he comes in after hours and hours, his huge lips dangle from his chin and he stares at me with those sleepy eyes as if to say “mum I’m really tired and I’m going to bed, don’t even bother trying to ride me”, well this isn’t what I was expecting having a slimmer horse would be like let me tell you!

So after receiving the ‘Conditioning cubes’ and ‘Original Ryegrass’ everything changed, By using only 1 cup full of the conditioning cubs in breakfast and tea, not only has Toms coat become extremely shiny, he has conditioned his body fully and it still keeps improving, don’t tell anyone but it is a nice feeling when people ask you if you have used show sheen on his body but in actual fact it’s just the feed!  In terms of the Ryegrass, well his energy levels have improved massive amounts and I really mean it! I took him to Epworth for a nice training round ready for the BE season, dressage was fluent and calm, popped a couple gently in the showjumping warm up.  I got in the ring, the bell rang and he was so enthusiastic, clearing the jumps at 1.50m for a fast, clear round.  Soon as we hit the cross country he was cool as a cucumber and when we arrived back he had enough energy to go another two rounds.

Speetley BE100 open is next Saturday and we are so very excited, we would love to know what everyone is doing this up and coming month with their horses and if the summer grass has created and balloon pony’s around your ends!

 So until the next blog and adventure have a great month everyone and keep at it.

Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment