Monday 21 September 2015

Herbie qualifies for Corinthian Cup at Gatcombe in 2016

As I sit here writing we are just about to head out and finish our last bit of harvesting, it’s been a tough Summer on that front and seems strange to still have corn in the field this late on in September, especially when I’m not allowed to put the heating on until harvest is over!!
Herbie suited and booted

Since my last blog Herbie and I competed in the Novice at Richmond Horse Trials, I’ve had a trip to Burghley (spectating and shopping!) and a trip to Ireland to Goresbridge Horse Sales.

I headed to Richmond off the back of a good run at Somerford Park and I really felt Herbie had benefited from the trip. At Richmond he posted a great dressage of 25.5 to put us about 3 marks ahead of the rest of the field. His dressage has been consistently strong recently so I knew the work was to do over the coloured poles. He jumped really well and just rolled one pole leaving us right up there which was great. He then stormed round the cross country with just 3 time faults to end up second. I was absolutely chuffed to bits and this also means we have qualified for the Corinthian Cup at Gatcombe next year!
Richmond Presentation


We head off to Allerton Park this weekend and then straight up to Aske the following weekend for our first CIC1*. I’m super excited to be tackling our first event under international rules and will be sure to update on how we get on.

Our trip to Goresbridge Horse Sales was a real eye opener and something I’ve wanted to do for a long time. We spent two days looking at over 300 horses and if I’m totally honest it was quite daunting! They were all 3 year olds so they loose jumped, were trotted up and then went in the sale ring. Unfortunately we didn’t end up coming back with anything, we picked one out on the second day but it showed up a small issue during the vetting so unfortunately we came home empty handed. This said, it was fantastic to look at that many horses and it really improves your ability to spot things and weigh up what you do and don’t like in a potential horse, definitely something I’d recommend!

I’ve got a busy couple of weeks before we hibernate for the winter so I hope Herbie is ready to turn up the heat and perform his little socks off before a well-deserved holiday!

Best wishes to everyone else who is coming to the end of their season.

Lucie



No comments:

Post a Comment