Tuesday 25 November 2014

A REST FROM RIDING AND THE START OF TRUCK DRIVING!

November 2014 

After a very busy season and a full on 2014 in general (what with getting married!) I am now enjoying a lovely break from riding for a few weeks. Herbie has had a very busy season of eventing and is still only 6 so we are keen to make sure he doesn’t do too much. A full time job and horrible dark nights are also an excellent excuse for a bit of ‘feet up’ time!

This said, Herbie hasn't had it as easy as me. Mum also rides Herbie and needed just one more point to qualify him for the Winter Dressage Regional Finals so he still had to do that before he got his holiday! Luckily, Mum and him are a great team and didn’t find it too difficult so that’s all sorted and in the bag. They just needed one more score of 65% or more to secure the qualification and managed to get two scores of 66% so a big well done to them!

Herbie is now having a proper rest before a big year next year with Winter Dressage regionals and Badminton Grassroots Championships both on the horizon.

We have also decided to sell our lorry and buy something slightly bigger with a living area so I am starting the process of taking my HVG lorry test. My husband, Jim, passed his some time ago so is offering plenty of words of wisdom (and also piling on the pressure as he passed first time!). I have passed my medical – probably the easiest bit! – and have now applied for my provisional licence so the next step is to complete the theory test and start learning. More updates on ‘Trucker Lucie’ to follow!!

Our broodmare, Umber, is getting fatter by the day and I’m so looking forward to meeting our little bundle of joy (fingers crossed of course). She is due in March so once we get into 2015 I’m sure it will all come around very quickly indeed. I spend many an hour thinking up potential names for him/her!

For now, I’m going to enjoy the remainder of my little rest before I crack on with some hardcode training for next year!

I hope everyone is keeping well wrapped up in this chilly Winter weather and starting to get in the Festive Spirit!

Best wishes,

Lucie

No comments:

Post a Comment