Tuesday 4 November 2014

A MEMORABLE EVENTING SEASON FINISHES WITH A PAINFUL BROKEN NOSE!

October 2014



Not sure where the last month has gone, so my October blog is a little late.

The first week in October ended the event season for me.  We went to Osberton for the 5y/o final with Penhill Promising Vision.  We had a fab day even if I did come home with a broken nose and covered in blood after an altercation with a tree at the gallop!! I managed to finish the course which I was pleased about and learnt a valuable lesson, don't argue with trees they win!! 

We also did the BE event at Bishop Burton with Dayton as his last outing of the season.  We jumped double clear and finished 10th, although it was nice to come home in the same condition that I left in!


With the end of eventing we've been concentrating on showjumping, dressage and training.  We have had a good run with lots of wins and places already in dressage and jumping so we have qualified for everything we have aimed at so far including the BD regionals and the Blue chip championships. 

I have a couple of new rides this month in Kate and Tim Betteridge's Bonus and Paula Milburn's Bobby's Swop and of course we have a whole new bunch of youngsters raring to go!! 


(Bonus wearing our very smart Fulmart Feeds saddle pad!)

Looks like a busy and fun filled winter!!

Sam x

No comments:

Post a Comment