Thursday 1 December 2016

Some new prospects arrive for next season.

With the end of the season here I have been reflecting on my performances from the past few months, to decide what worked well, where improvements can be made and to make plans for next year. I like to make a main goal for the season for each horse and work back from there deciding which events they need to do in their preparation as well as any pre-season training competitions and with next year’s British Eventing calendar out already I am busy making loose plans for the horses ahead of 2017.

Barolo
Alongside Harry and Bella I have just gained an exciting new ride for next season in Mrs Louise Knock’s Barolo. Rolo as he is known at home was bred by Louise and has competed upto 1* level already. I also have on trial a potential horse to run under the syndicate, this horse has competed up to 2* level and I am still seeking possible syndicate members to come on board with this exciting opportunity.

Kate Lyon’s Harry Robinson has been busy with some British Dressage shows over the last month and I’m pleased say that in just two shows we have qualified for the winter regional championships at novice level. He has had some great scores over 70% and finalised his qualification with a convincing win at Northallerton EC last week.

The quiet time has also given me chance to get my owners and sponsors together for our annual end of season team outing to the Chinese. We had a great night and it is a fab opportunity for me to say thanks to everyone for their support.

Finally, Fulmart Feeds are running another competition to win a lesson with me at my yard in Scarborough or at Claxton near York.  If you're interested in entering take a look at Fulmart's Facebook page.  The competition closes on 10th December.

Until next time


Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment