Monday 27 June 2016

Phil and Miss Brodie head to Bramham International Horse Trials




What a month it has been since I last wrote, we have had further success at Belsay and I have now competed at my first Bramham International Horse Trials!

Harry Robinson was running in the NRF at Belsay and he narrowly missed out on Gatcombe qualification taking 5th place with a great double clear.

My next event was Bramham International with Miss Brodie. It feels like this has been a long time coming and it has been a lifelong goal of mine to compete there. We were doing our first CCI3* and the whole experience didn’t disappoint. Jules was on great form from start to finish. She held it together in the dressage, to produce a good test for where her training is at this level and the amount of atmosphere. Our XC round on the Saturday is something I will never forget; she made the huge course feel easy and stormed round. The cheering and clapping from the Yorkshire crowd every time we successfully negotiated a fence was surreal and really spurred us on. On the Sunday she came out to jump fantastically for an unlucky four faults. We ended the competition in the top half gaining 25 points which means Jules is now graded Advanced and we have another qualifying result taking us one step closer to my new aim of competing at 4*.
 

A huge thank you to Fulmart Feeds for providing Jules with her Equilage and Chillout Maintain cubes, both of which I am sure aided her in being so full of running even at the end of the course and being able to come out on Sunday and feel great in the showjumping.

I must also thank my family, the team, owners, trainers etc, all of whom help to make my dreams possible.

In the coming months Harry is stepping up to Intermediate and Bella will be getting some mileage under her belt whilst Jules has a slightly quieter time before building back up with the aim of Blenheim in the autumn.

I also now have space to take on more rides, so if you fancy getting involved in a syndicate, have a budding event horse or are looking for a new jockey please get in touch.

Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment