Tuesday 26 April 2016

Sponsored Rider Phil Brown writes about his first competition abroad.

Hi and welcome to my first blog as Fulmart Feeds new sponsored rider. I am very proud and excited to have the support of the company and will be keeping you updated on my progress throughout my eventing season.

Firstly let me tell you a little about me. I am an event rider and BE Development Coach based near Scarborough presently eventing a team of 4 horses up to 3* level and coaching riders in all disciplines both individually and through regular clinics.

We have just got home from a week away at Ballindenisk International in Ireland with my top horse Miss Brodie, or Jules to her friends. It was my first time competing abroad and only our second three star competition. With the class being the Irish leg of the Nations Cup series, we were in some very competitive company and our goal was to achieve another qualifying run towards future three stars and if I dare to dream, four star. We managed our qualifying score in the dressage phase, something Jules does not find naturally easy due to her excitable nature! Her jumping phases are her strong suit, however, we had an unfortunate two fences down SJ going through a double as she was a little feisty but she was really jumping out of her skin. The XC was a big, bold track but I needn’t have had any worries as she absolutely flew round four seconds inside the time, being one of only five combinations to achieve this.

I have always fed my horses on Fulmart’s Equilage range whilst competing at stay away events. However, like many horses Jules can go off her hard feed whilst staying away from home. I recently switched onto Fulmart Feeds’ Chillout Maintain nuts and she has eaten really well all week which I am sure contributed to her performance.



All eyes now move to Bramham in early June as this is our main aim for the season and has been a lifetime goal for me. In the meantime my other rides will start or continue their seasons.


I look forward to updating you again next month.

Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment