Monday 8 February 2016

Back in the saddle for Sam Jimmison

 After a few difficult weeks I'm feeling much, much better and I'm finally up and about. I'm still pretty lame and I feel quite a long way off race fitness but I'm on my way back.

I've always enjoyed cooking and baking so this unplanned break has provided lots of time for Charlie and I to have fun creating some different dishes.  We've also done plenty of playing - I can't believe how much he's growing up and that he will be one at the end of next month.  Wow, how time flies when your having fun!

Playing and cooking aside, it was particularly good to get back in the saddle last weekend. It was my old boy Oscar M who did the honours of making sure I was safe.  I'm planning on building my strength on him for a little while before I brave the young mob.  I'm still struggling with any feeling in my foot, so I'm having to ride without stirrups while I teach my leg to work again as well as making sure I avoid any unnecessary risks that will set me back.
Oscar M putting me through my paces
All being well I want to be back competing next month.  To start with I'm planning a few British Dressage competitions and then I'm going to steal Scylla D'Ouilly for a few weeks, from her owner Rachael, to get my jumping legs back. 

Before getting back into the full swing of it I'm hoping to sneak off for a short break.  Normally we would ski at this time of year but obviously we'll have to give that a miss this year. So it's going to be a sunshine break and I cannot wait.

Hopefully next time I write it will be full speed ahead and I'll be bringing you up to date with my crazy adventures, getting all my lovely youngsters out and about and prepared for their busy summer seasons.

Sam x

My stable helper.


No comments:

Post a Comment