Monday 1 June 2015

Badminton is an excellent training ground for Eventers International




May has been an exciting month what with Badminton to enjoy which had all of us on the edge of our seats during the show jumping.   On the Saturday as no one was competing we had 9 people watching the red button, mostly people training with me so it was an ideal time to show how it should be done and discuss each person’s weakness.   A valuable days training.

The following week found us at Aston Le Walls for the unaffiliated ODE and for myself my first competition for over a year.   Both Paddy and Mr Sneezy aquitted themselves well and I was very happy with their performance.   Sadly Marina hit the dirt as Dino took exception to the tyres at fence 3.   Marina re-mounted and finished somewhat annoyed.   So the next week was spent working on this and their round at Keysoe was right to the point and they will now go up to Intro next time at Mattingley.
Paddy and Mr Sneezy did the 100 at Keysoe and finished 3rd and 5th respectively, so I’m glad to say I am getting my eye back in.

This month also saw a new addition to the year in the shape of Lorna Collins with 2 horses.   Lorna, due to an accident, has not competed for 15 years so this is an exciting challenge, but one that I am enjoying very much.   Next month sees the return of Meghan Healy who at this very moment is at Tattersalls 3DE in Ireland.   Good luck Meghan and more of this next month.

Tiny

No comments:

Post a Comment