Monday 16 March 2015

Herbie's season is off to a flying start at Askham Bryan and Port Royal

Team Stephenson all branded!
March 2015

Well the week after a win always seems like a great time to write a blog! Our first event of the season was last weekend at Askham Bryan and I knew preparation was going well. We had won the British Novice at Port Royal the previous week and Herbie seemed to be really trying in all disciplines of training but a convincing win on a dressage score of 22.8 certainly wasn't expected!!!

He was a joy to ride in the dressage and I could have done the whole test again I enjoyed it so much! Thankfully I didn't know just how good his score was going into the show jumping so we managed a really relaxed clear round a course which was proving tricky. Whilst he tends to really love the cross country phase I was aware it was our first event of the season so was ready to kick on! I needn't have worried though as he stormed out the start box and never missed a beat to enable us to finish on our personal best dressage score!

It was a lovely day and I'm really proud of how mature and willing to listen Herbie has come out this year.

Things are set to hot up now as it's only 8 weeks to Badminton and we have a foal due a week on Saturday!!! I am also heading to fellow Fulmart Feeds sponsored rider Tiny Clapham's in a couple of weeks for some intense training which I’m really excited about.

April's blog may be a long one!

In the meantime I hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine and managing to get out and about.


Lucie

No comments:

Post a Comment