Wednesday 27 March 2013

THE WEATHER MAKES LIFE DIFFICULT FOR TEAM CAWOOD


Fulmart Feeds Blog – 27.03.13

 Well, the idea of this blog was to let everyone know how our first event of the year went but unfortunately I’m not able to do this! We were meant to be heading to Stafford Horse Trials last weekend but it was cancelled due to the terrible weather we have all been experiencing. I really feel for the organisers in this situation as so much work goes into the event right up until the day before so to have all of that work with no reward on the day is somewhat soul destroying (especially after all the cancellations last year).

I know it’s the same for everyone but it really is just so depressing and I’m starting to panic a little bit that we won’t get a run before Badminton. Luckily Alfie is pretty laid back and not the sort of horse who needs a lot of outings so it may just be a case of ‘winging it’!!

On a more positive note, he is going really well in training and I even managed to fit in a cross country schooling session on Monday evening which reminded me just how brilliant he is. He was fresh as a daisy and loved every minute of, jumping up and down banks, over ditches etc (we didn’t do any water jump training but I think he’s seen enough water over the past 12 months!)

Herbie is also going well although I haven’t been able to do as much with him as I would have liked to (due to the weather!), my aim is for his first affiliated event to be Bishop Burton at the end of May so I really need to get cracking. We have a packed Easter weekend planned with dressage and showjumping competitions so let’s hope both boys are on their best behaviour!

Little Maple isn’t quite so little anymore (well, as far as Jack Russells go!) but is as cute as ever! She still thinks Alfie is a giant play mate for her and we have some heart stopping moments when she runs underneath him or tries to nibble his hooves but she’s got to learn somehow!

It’s scary to think that my next blog will be just before the big trip down to Badminton but very exciting at the same time, for now it’s a big HAPPY EASTER from everyone at ‘Team Cawood’!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment